Eligibility Requirements / Application Instructions
BIG BROTHER CANADA
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS / APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- If you are selected by the Producer for an interview, you must be willing to travel at your own expense to be interviewed at a time to be scheduled by the Producer in its sole discretion and at one of the locations determined by Producer nearest you. The Producer reserves the right to add, cancel and/or substitute other cities as interview locations.
- If you are selected by the Producer for an interview in the Semi-Finals, you must be willing to travel to Toronto for approximately one week at a time as scheduled by the Producer in its sole discretion for the final selection process. Economy travel (round-trip to and from Toronto, Ontario), hotel accommodations and per diem will be arranged and paid for by the Producer.
- You must be willing to live in the Big Brother Canada house located in Toronto for approximately seventy-five (75) days on such dates to be determined by Producer in its sole discretion with approximately a dozen strangers where you will have little or no privacy. If you are chosen to live in the house, it is your responsibility to make any necessary arrangements with your employer and family in anticipation of your extended absence from home.
- The house is extensively outfitted with video and audio recording devices which will record, broadcast and exhibit your actions and voice at all times, twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week in every room of the house for the duration of your participation in the contest. You will be observed at all times by the Producer as well as the general public watching on television, the Internet, mobile devices and any and all other media.
- One participant will receive the grand prize of CAD$100,000 (subject to change in Producer’s and/or the Broadcaster’s discretion). A weekly stipend will be provided for each participant for each week that he or she remains in the Big Brother Canada House. Stipend payments and prize winnings will not be paid until after the broadcast of the final episode of the show.
- You must be at least 19 years of age by February 1, 2018.
- You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada as of February 1, 2018.
- You must be in excellent physical and mental health.
- If you are selected to be interviewed, you may be given, and must complete and return (prior to the date of your personal interview in Toronto), any further application materials (including but not limited to additional psychological and health questionnaires), or documents (such as your birth certificate, passport, and/or other identification) as well as a Medical History form.
10. If selected as a Semi-Finalist you must complete the Participant Form Package, which will be furnished to you by the Producer and will include, but is not limited to: Participant Agreement & Release, psychological and medical assessments (including blood and urine tests), confidentiality agreement (including those for your immediate family members), caretaker agreement and other additional information as required by Producer. You must also submit to physical and psychological examinations by Producer-selected medical professional(s) in Toronto selected by the Producer and meet all physical and psychological requirements.
11. By applying for participation in Big Brother Canada, you authorize the Producer to conduct civil, criminal, financial, driver-history and any other type of background checks deemed necessary by the Producer.
12. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Corus Media Holdings Inc. Insight Big Brother Canada 6 Ltd., Insight Production Company Ltd., Kassting Inc., Casting Crane LLC, Endemol Entertainment USA Inc., any sponsor of the Program or a contest or prize related thereto, and/or any of their respective licensees, assigns, parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors and agents are not eligible to be participants on Big Brother Canada or participate in the application process.
Applicants will further be chosen to create a pool of approximately sixty (60) finalists. The Producer reserves the right to change any of the application terms at any time or to select or not select anyone at its sole discretion.
The Producer is looking for a dynamic group of individuals who are articulate, interesting and exhibit enthusiasm for the project as well as a willingness to share their most private thoughts in an open forum of strangers. This group of individuals, while meeting the technical requirements of the program, must also have sufficient physical, psychological, and mental capacity to endure approximately 75 days in a monitored house under extraordinary conditions.
Deadline: The application deadline at this time is Saturday, October 28 2017 at 11:59 pm, but may be changed at any time.
All materials you send us (including videotape and photos) will be retained by the Producer and become the property of the Producer and will not be returned to you whether or not you are selected as a participant. Any expenses you incur during the application process including postage, shipping and materials preparation (videotape, photos, etc.) are your sole responsibility. Producer will not reimburse you for these expenses. Only one entry per person is allowed. All decisions of the Producer are final and absolute and not subject to inquiry.
Big Brother Canada casting producers will be holding open calls in the following cities (subject to change). Please check the website for dates and exact locations.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to verify that we have received your application.
If you are selected for an interview, you will be advised so by the Producer shortly before the interview is scheduled. If you are selected to participate in the final selection process, you will be so advised by the Producer shortly before the final selection process is scheduled.
Producer reserves the right to change the terms of the application and the production schedule at any time. Producer reserves the right to change the eligibility requirements and any other application rules in its sole discretion at any time with or without notice on a specific, case-by-case basis or across the entire application pool. Producer also reserves the right to not hold any participant applicant interviews, or to modify the manner in which it conducts participant applicant interviews, or to not produce the program Big Brother Canada at all.
Please ensure all of the following documents have been reviewed carefully and are completed fully before they are submitted. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed or considered for participation on Big Brother Canada. Thank you for your interest and good luck!
Application Form, including the following:
Online Release and Waiver;
One (1) recent photograph of you.